Pages

Thursday 2 June 2016

Tree of life - Golden Wedding Anniversary

 I've written about making a "Tree of Life" before (Tree of Life ), so I'm not going to go into too much detail here. This one came about as a gift for my parents as they celebrated their golden wedding anniversary.


It's made from gold-coloured wire, with chips of golden citrine. For me, this meant I could fill the design with added meaning.
Golden citrine is considered to be the gemstone of happiness. I used fifty chips - one for each year of their marriage.

I also turned the design of the main ring upside-down, which allowed me to include the swirls at the bottom. For me, these are representative of the strong roots and love extending from my parents and their togetherness.

Sadly I wasn't well enough to share in the celebrations on their big day, but I hope this gift gave them an idea of just how special they both are to me. I am unbelievably proud of them reaching this milestone!

Hx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comments. It's great to hear from fellow crafters.